Wednesday, September 1, 2010

From "Spiritual Treasure : Letters of Swami Turiyananda"

Almora
20 November 1915

My dear Baburam Maharaj [Swami Premananda],

I was very happy to receive your loving letter the day before yesterday...The memory of all past associations with you gives me great joy. And why shouldn't it be so? You are so full of the Master [Sri Ramakrishna] that there is no room within you for anything else. This reminds me of an incident which took place at the Alambazar Monastery. As you spoke that day, you invoked the memory of the Master in all visible things. At that time, I observed in you the truth of this saying, "Wherever the eyes fall, there the Lord manifests." You did not see anything that did not remind you of the Master. I don't know whether you remember it or not, but it is indelibly imprinted on my mind. That day I realized what it is to be merged in God. The Master, through his grace, showed me that; so your attempts to hide anything from me are futile. 

Your household belongs to the Master's household; it is not the home of terrible maya. In your household even a bull-calf can stay, but there is no room for lust and gold. Your household is made of love...Everything is possible through love. Swamiji used to say, "Love is omnipotent." Can there be more than one Swamiji? He was one without a second - like the moon. He was his own peer, and none else...

With love and salutations,
Turiyananda

No comments:

Post a Comment